Please read this page first to learn a bit about our company and how we handle hiring.
We started GMB on some very basic direct response principles and do-or-die determination to make it work. Back then, there was no Udemy, online video was still prohibitively expensive, and throwing together a quick landing page in WordPress was still considered an esoteric skill set.
Hell, Facebook didn’t even have ads yet…
The internet has come a long way, and so have we. We’ve interacted with with over twenty-thousand clients over the past six years, and we’ve learned how they see the world and what they want from their bodies. We’ve built a strong brand around being approachable, honest, and fun while delivering smart progression to the skills they want to learn.
But what hasn’t changed is that our business is 95% online, and as such, we need to use a variety of technical tools and applications to reach our audience and show them what we can do to help.
Right now, we’re looking for the right person to learn how those tools fit together in that context so GMB can continue to grow and teach more people how to take control of what they can do with their bodies and develop true physical autonomy.
Regardless of the position you’re applying for, we have some basic requirements we look for in possible additions to the team:
- You checked us out and understand what sets us apart from other fitness companies.
- Be clear on the value you’ll bring to the team.
- Know how to follow instructions and how to be creative – and how to choose between them.
- Speak and read/write perfect English.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Always work to develop a growth mindset.
Position: Junior Technical Marketer
Some people like to pretend that marketing is a sign of weakness: “paid advertising means your product isn’t good enough to spread by word of mouth.” That’s total BS. Paid advertising means things are working well enough that you can afford to invest in growing your audience.
This position is for someone who can straddle the line between marketing and tech. You should be able to plan ways to pitch the same idea to completely different audiences and explain to your grandmother over the phone how to forward her Hotmail to the new iPad you just sent her.
Ideally, you also have experience with one or more of the following:
- WordPress – pages, posts, plugins, and customization
- Autoresponders – we’ve used Aweber, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, Ontraport, Klaviyo, and Drip… you’ll need to understand how triggered and sequenced emailing works and how autoresponders integrate with other tools.
- Analytics – what gets measured gets managed, and you’ll need to be able to analyze data and prioritize options to develop new campaigns and update existing ones.
- Photoshop – make Ryan looks like he has a tan and bigger biceps (just kidding)… or just whip up a quick image to test for an ad campaign.
- Copywriting – effective and persuasive writing are the cornerstone of marketing, so your application should show us that you know how to understand your audience and present yourself appropriately 🙂
Compensation & Growth
Your autonomy and salary will grow with your responsibility and contribution to the company, but you can get a pretty good sense of our benefits and such here. In the beginning, we’ll agree on a flat rate for a short project to see if we’re a good fit.
If things go well, we’ll negotiate an ongoing gig. The job scales to you.
How To Apply
If that all sounds like stuff you can handle, we’d love to hear from you. Please fill in the form below and make a case for why you’ll be a great fit for the team.