Please read this page first to learn a bit about our company and how we handle hiring.
One day a few years ago, Andy photoshopped Ryan’s head onto a turkey and wrote some awful puns on our Facebook page. Back then, it was enough to get some shares and maybe even make a few sales.
Times have changed.
The internet is a crazy place, and social media is far, far more sophisticated than your mom can even wrap her head around. And yeah, there’s that one guy who became millionaire by posting pics of his abs in exotic locales on Instagram, but we all know there’s more to it than posting a few selfies.
GMB has already built a strong presence on YouTube and Facebook, and to a lesser extent on other platforms. Thousands of people share our material daily and look to us for good info, good humor, and an approachable style of communicating. We’re not just posting memes here; we invest A LOT of money into advertising on these platforms as well, and now we need help managing the steady demand for more content and continued interaction.
We’re looking to hire a social media marketer who can produce great content for various platforms; interact with our clients, leads, and fans; and represent our brand online. Most importantly, you MUST be able to nail our brand voice and give people the friendly experience they’ve come to expect from us.
If you can grok GMB and communicate fluently and fluidly via social media, this is a great opportunity to become part of a super-right team.
Regardless of the position you’re applying for, we have some basic requirements we look for in possible additions to the team:
- You checked us out and understand what sets us apart from other fitness companies.
- Be clear on the value you’ll bring to the team.
- Know how to follow instructions and how to be creative – and how to choose between them.
- Speak and read/write perfect English.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Always work to develop a growth mindset.
Position: Social Media Marketer
You’ll work at the intersection of our content and marketing teams to promote GMB programs and methods using social media services we all know and love. You’ll also help grow our following on new services that fit our target market.
There’s also a good bit of client service in this role, as you’ll be responsible for answering questions about our training and material when people ask us online.
If you’ve got the technical skills and can learn the voice, we’ll teach you the methods and materials we use to help our clients around the world learn to move better and feel greater mastery over their bodies.
Ideally, you also have experience with one or more of the following:
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterst, Instagram, etc. – No, we honestly don’t care how many followers you have, but we do need to see that you can post, manage media, and interact with others in all of these platforms.
- Analytics – what gets measured gets managed, and you’ll need to be able to analyze data and prioritize options to develop new campaigns and update existing ones.
- Photoshop – make Ryan looks like he has a tan and bigger biceps (just kidding)… or just whip up a quick image to test for an ad campaign.
- Video – we have a full-time video editor, but you’ll be able to work faster if you can do simple edits and uploading on your own.
- Copywriting – effective and persuasive writing are the cornerstone of marketing, so your application should show us that you know how to understand your audience and present yourself appropriately 🙂
Compensation & Growth
Your autonomy and salary will grow with your responsibility and contribution to the company, but you can get a pretty good sense of our benefits and such here. In the beginning, we’ll agree on a flat rate for a short project to see if we’re a good fit.
If things go well, we’ll negotiate an ongoing gig. The job scales to you.
How To Apply
- If you’re thinking, “I know how to use Facebook; I’d be great at this,” you’re probably wrong. Please read everything above carefully and make sure you understand that there are some fairly complex and technical requirements.
If that all sounds like stuff you can handle, we’d love to hear from you. Please fill in the form below and make a case for why you’ll be a great fit for the team.