Recovery is kind of a big deal.
Not making the kind of progress you want? Focus more on recovery.
Feeling run-down throughout the day? Focus more on recovery.
Muscles feel sore for many days following a workout?
…you get the idea.
We’ve talked about recovery before, but in this episode of the GMB Fitness Skills Podcast, Ryan and Andy will talk about one of the best ways to give your body the sweet, sweet recovery it needs.
They’ll also talk about the world’s most popular bodyweight exercise: the pull-up, of course.
So get’yer ears on and listen up!
- (03:30) Stop the presses! Ryan makes a shocking confession.
- (05:55) The $64,000 question: How do I turn my fat into muscle?
- (06:40) We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Focus on your nutrition!
- (07:43) “You can’t turn beer into IQ, and you can’t turn fat into muscle.” – Andy
- (08:10) Napping is awesome.
- (09:53) Here’s a great article on the science of napping.
- (11:58) “Napping is great for the mind and the body… Do it as many days as you can.”
- (19:19) If you’re falling into too deep a sleep when you nap, you need to address your evening routine.
- (24:30) What’s most important with pull-ups? Ensuring your scapular health.
Be sure to catch the next episode by subscribing to the GMB Show: