Welp, we all made it through the madness of 2021.
Since you’re here, grab yourself a nice beverage (🍺 ☕️ 🥃 🥛) and celebrate 🎉 with us. This year was pretty productive and here’s a bit of what happened…
- We’ve helped 93,743 clients in 104 countries all of the 🌎 with our programs.
- 63 new videos were published to our YouTube channel with a total of 3 million views this year and 40,000 new subscribers.
- We added 15 new episodes to our podcast and finally surpassed 1 million downloads.
We also made some big updates our programs in Praxis based on community feedback. You can now:
- Opt for low intensity sessions when you want to go through a workout but need to dial the intensity back.
- Be hands-free with our autoplay feature. No more needing to ‘press play’ after every segment on your phone. Just watch/listen and keep it moving.
And as if all that weren’t enough, we’ve had a very productive year for new training experiences:
- We added a very thorough handstand training program to Alpha Posse and gave it the dumbest name ever.
- 337 clients joined our first six-week Mobility Live cohort, participating in live video training with our coaches.
- Ryan filmed a dozen hours of gymnastic rings tutorials for a new course we plan to release next year.
- Our Floor Loco add-on for Elements turned out to be incredibly popular, and we’re looking forward to seeing all our clients’ flow practice over the next few months.
We also shared a bit more of our (warped) sense of humor this year, and I’ve collected some highlights at the end of this post…
But first! Here’s some of our new articles, videos, case studies, and favorite podcasts we published this year:
Our Top Articles of 2021
Here are a few more our clients found helpful:
Advice For N00bs – Sometimes you need to hear it from those that have been there. We got some of our clients to give their two cents on how a n00b can get started with our programs.
How To Increase Full Body Mobility For Your Overhead Barbell Squat – The overhead squat is a tough movement. We break down exactly what you need to to improve your hip, ankle, and upper back mobility for a deeper, stronger squat.
Animal Movement (AKA Locomotion) – We updated this one with 4 individual tutorials for the animal movements we teach in Elements:
We also created some resources that go more in-depth on specific topics. Consider these a starting point for anything you want to learn from GMB:
We Had A Lot Of Fun With YouTube This Year…
Lots of useful tutorials and guides we made to help you move better and feel great. We’ll be making plenty more come 2022.
10 Seconds a Day for Stronger Shoulders and Grip
Kipping Pull-Ups Are Dumb. Do This Instead.
2 Big Push-Up Mistakes Stealing Your Gains
Our Top Podcasts
Raising Strong Girls: Advice from Juliet Starrett was a particularly special two-part episode. We spoke about navigating the real issues when it comes to raising healthy, strong, and well-adjusted girls in today’s world.
And here are some more you’ll enjoy…
Results In The Real World
We’ve been able to help lots of people make lots of progress. See a few of our many case studies. 👇
Decades of Computer Work “Wreaked Havoc” on Her Shoulders and Back.
With our Elements program Kamomi dramatically reduced her pains, built strength and mobility that felt “impossible,” and got confident enough to take up martial arts at age 50.
She Wanted More Upper Body Strength and Healthier Joints.
Vaidė used our Elements program along with physical therapy to resolve the pains in her joints. And she built enough upper-body strength and stability to hold her very first crow pose!
Of course, not everyone loves their GMB experience, so Andy made this to highlight the negative reviews we sometimes find online:
Make it Funky
The great James Brown said it best: whatever we do, it’s got to be funky. Some people don’t appreciate our sense of humor, but we are who we are, and life’s too short to take things too seriously.
🍻 Here’s to You and 2022
Remember, you deserve to move how you want & when you want. So let’s start the year off right.