If you think you’re immune to injuries, you’ve got another thing coming.
Over time, most people experience some kind of injury at some point or another, and to some degree or another.
And the harder you train, the higher your risk of injury.
So what’s the answer? Become a shut-in and avoid injury at all costs?
The answer is to learn to deal with inevitable injuries in the best way possible, and to adapt to train around those injuries in a safe and effective manner.
This podcast is all about how to do just that, so get’yer ears on!
- (02:50) Ryan has had some serious injuries in his time.
- (07:00) Focus on the basics!
- (07:27) What kind of injuries are normal?
- (11:30) What are some of the most common injuries?
- (13:35) What if you’re in pain? What should you do if you do get injured?
- (15:53) Do not work through your pain, work around it.
- (21:50) Be especially careful to strengthen the part of your body that’s injured.
- (26:18) Try to preempt injuries, but if you do get injured, just be cognizant of the extra attention you’ll have to give your body as a result.
Be sure to catch the next episode by subscribing to the GMB Show: